| Bust Portrait - €250
Two characters: €295
Three characters: €370
| Half Body - €280
Two characters: €350
Three characters: €420
|Full Body - €400
Two characters: €450
Three characters: €490
|Landscapes: from €500+|
E-book cover: €700
Paperback cover: €900
Dust Jacket - from €1100
+ 50% for non-exclusive license
+ 100% for exclusive license
€200 for year-long license for pre-existing work; renews yearly
If the commission has an extensive amount of detail or complexity, the price could be a little higher than listed.
What can I do?
I specialize in human and fantasy characters of all kinds, but I can also do landscape/scenery. I am fine with painting nudity. Sexual themes are also fine, but nothing pornographic (this is subjective, so feel free to ask me and I’ll let you know if I can do it or not).
I design bookcovers, (reversed) dustjackets and many more things.
If you’re unsure, just send me a message and we can talk!
How to get started
- Send an email to me (click on “Order Your Commission”) with the information on who/what you want me to paint (as detailed as possible). Include references if you have them.
- I will review your order and reply letting you know if I can accept the commission and confirm the price with you. I will also let you know if I can start right away, or if I'll put your commission on the waiting list.
- I’ll start by sending you a sketch for you to approve. At this stage you can let me know if there are any changes that need to be made before we move on.
After you’ve approved of my sketch, I'll require full payment before I start the painting process.
You can request to split the payment into two installments if the total amount is more than €200.
- Once payment has been received I’ll start painting. I always send an update when I am about halfway done with your commission. At that point you can let me know if any details or colors need fixing.
All prices are listed for personal use. If your commission is for promotional or commercial use, an extra fee will be added. Let me know in your email!
Terms and Conditions
- I reserve the right to decline a commission request.
- I own the rights to the artwork.
- Commissions are added to my waiting list in order of when they were purchased, unless you have commissioned me for a time sensitive piece (birthday, anniversary, convection artwork) in which case, fees may be added for rush orders.
- Commissioners can ask for progress updates and pictures at any point during the process. But please, do not rush me or pester me for constant updates.
- I am allowed to use the artwork in my portfolio and social media - unless otherwise agreed upon beforehand. I do always take into account if it’s a gift for someone or a character you have yet to reveal. I can wait to post it if you let me know.
- You may not use the purchased artwork for commercial use or to gain profits (i.e. selling merchandise that features my artwork) unless you have paid commercial pricing.
- Prices are as shown unless agreed upon otherwise. I don’t bargain for lower prices or more artwork.
- Refunds can only be given before I have started the artwork, no refunds will be issued after it has been completed.
- Drastic changes to the artwork after/close to completion will cost extra.
- Artwork png/psd files can be emailed to the customer by request.
Extra Commission Info
- This is a digital art commission, meaning the end product is a high resolution image file that will be sent to you by email or WeTransfer.
- I'll need the desired measurements of your commission before I start. The illustration will be drawn with a 3 mm print margin (bleed). The illustration itself will always be in the desired measurements.
- Any drastic changes after the initial sketch will cost extra.
- If you want an illustrated backside for your artprint, this can be done. The extra fee can differ on what kind of backside you want.
- I can provide the commission in different sizes. Let me know beforehand what you want (this is crucial, otherwise your commission may be of lower quality). If you want your commission in more than 1 size, you will have to pay for every size you want.
- In case of big projects (book covers, book boxes, etc.) and every commission for commercial use, the commissioner will have to sign a contract.
- It is not allowed to use a normal commission for commercial use for a book cover. A book cover for commercial use will have different agreements and a different contract.
- Every commissioner will receive an invoice.
- I need to know the commission at least six weeks in advance, otherwise the order could become a rush order (and there will be a fee added).
DUTCH AUTHORS (only for Benelux authors - for now!)
Omdat ik zelf Nederlands ben, wilde ik iets speciaals aanbieden voor schrijvers van Nederlandse bodem (en ook België en Luxemburg). De volgende dingen gelden (voor nu) alleen voor promotie art van jouw boek. Heb je een ander idee, laat het me vooral weten!
- Commissies met een exclusieve licentie ontvangen een korting van 10% op het eindbedrag (de korting gaat dus na de toeslag voor exclusieve licentie er nog af).
- Indien je de prints wilt laten drukken (dit hoeft niet), laat ik de art prints zelf bij mijn drukker drukken. De kosten van de drukker zijn voor jou.
- Je koopt de licentie voor de illustratie over, niet de auteursrechten.
- Ik moet de commissie minstens zes weken van tevoren weten, anders wordt het een spoedorder (en zitten er extra kosten aan vast).
If you have any questions, feel free to message me!